2017: In my fine art practice, I am engaged with themes related to value; perception, time, the act of playing, and the discarded. This lead me to create the project “drawing on trash”, an ongoing tumblr where I avoid commercially available surfaces to do art making. My primary medium is paper; I seek out discarded cardboard, recycled printer paper and paper towel rolls for my sculptures and collage. I encourage others to disassemble the parts of my finished work and consider whether the art making process or the narrative between the work and the viewer can ever be value enough.
2018: There has been a definite shift in my practice as I pick up more and more local community projects and process-based workshops. I am a sought-after preparator who is both comfortable dealing with professional and outsider artists. I strive to make accessibility a part of exhibition planning and not an after-thought.
My illustrations tend to be playful and simple; I love the act of drawing and to creatively problem solve using illustration.
I subscribe to the school of New Sincerity. I strive to be more awesome.
Everybody Loves Flowers | Wallflower Diner
Illustration | February-March 2017
World Wall Minden, How We Want Life? | Caritas building, King Street 9, Mindent
Group Artist, Illustration | September 2016
Mad City: Mad Pride | Gallery Gachet
Group Artist, Illustration | July 2016
Public Art Project | McLeod Athletic Park Stadium
Illustrator, permanent metal panel | June 2016
Love: Vancouver | Wallflower Diner
Illustration | February-March 2016
I Chew-Chew-Chew You | Hot Art Wet City
Contributing Artist, Illustration | February 2016
Boobies + Wieners III | Hot Art Wet City
Contributing Artist, Illustration | October 2015
Growing III Art Show | Wallflower Diner
Illustration & Paper Sculpture | October 2015
We’re All Pretty Bizarre | Hot Art Wet City
Contributing Artist, Mixed Media Illustration | June 2015
GottaCon Augmented Reality Game
Illustrations for Convention Booklet & Tshirt | GottaCon 2015
Illustrator, Writer, & Game Designer | 2015
Illustrations for Official Convention Gear | GottaCon 2014
Illustrator & Writer | 2014
Megafauna Anthology (buy now) | Cloudscape Comics
Contributor | 2014
Josephine’s Saltine | Salty Stories
Illustrator, Voice Actor (french), Marketing & Web Design | 2013
Sometimes I Think, I Can See You | Push Festival 2013
Participating Writer | 2013
Debridement Project | Vancouver Maritime Museum & CACV
Contributing Artist, Workshop facilitator, Instructor | February 2013
The End is Like Totally Near…And Stuff | Hot Art Wet City
Contributing Artist, Mixed Media Illustration | December 2013
Hot One Inch Action Button Show | Hot Art Wet City
Contributing Artist, Illustration | October 2012
Growing II Art Show | Wallflower Diner
Illustration & Linograph | September 2012
Scarcity Radio Project | CAG Vancouver
Group audio project curated by Sarah Browne | August 2012
Print Submission | The Art Cart
Linograph | May 2012
Growing Art Show | Perch Restaurant
Illustration & Linograph | December 2011
Hot One Inch Action Button Show | Gallery Gachet
Contributing Artist, Illustration | November 2011
ASL and Deaf Studies | Vancouver Community College
American Sign Language | Sep.16-Mar.18
Advanced Certificate Program | Emily Carr University of Design
Illustration | Aug.11-Aug.14
Fine Arts Certificate Program (completed) | Emily Carr University of Design
Contemporary Issues in Art, Visual Studies & Creative Process | Sept.10-Aug.11
8 hour Intensive Advertising Courses | IAB Canada
Mobile Marketing Advertising Course | Feb. 11
Social Media Marketing Advertising Course | Nov. 10 (now eligible for certificate)
Paid Search Marketing Course | Nov.09
Interactive Marketing & Online Advertising Course | Aug.05
Humanities Program | University of Victoria
3 years of Literature Studies in French & English | Sept.99-Aug.02
Queer ASL | Vancouver, BC
Host | Sept.2016-current
- Host space for Queer ASL at Gallery Gachet and ArtStarts
- Host and organize Queer ASL Life Drawing monthly
Contemporary Art Gallery | Vancouver, BC
Volunteer & Contributing Artist | October.2011-Oct.2014
- Welcome guests, basic front desk admin.
- Writing, tours (french), and offsite facilitator.
Gallery Gachet | Vancouver, BC
Volunteer: Front entrance & member of Communications committee | March.2012-current
- Welcome guests.
- Help with show set-up and studio maintenance.
- Website maintenance and updates.
- Queer ASL Host
The Cheaper Show | Vancouver, BC
Head Volunteer: Front entrance, Art Show | May.2011 – June.2011
- Coordinated team of 8. Front door duties: flyer distribution, line maintenance, coordination with security, drink-ticket sales/carding.
- Assisted with site teardown.
NABS West | Vancouver, BC
Ambassador, National Advertising Benevolent Society | Sept.09-Jan.11
- Donated creative services for ad & poster creation.
- Often chosen for 50/50 sales, greeter/hostess duties or other social interactions.
Second Level Wizards | Vancouver, BC
Organizer/PR coordinator, Event Coordination Group | Apr.09-Mar.10
- Attended AGM & regular monthly planning meetings/brainstorms
- Managed ticket sales, on-site set-up, cleanup & customer relations
- Drafted & distributed media releases for events
Girl Guides of Canada | Langley, BC & Victoria, BC
Leader (following 12 years in the program) | Sept.97-Sept.02
- Ran campfire/district event sing-a-longs
- Organized & managed camp trips, group of 20+ children // Weekly meetings: led learning sessions/leisure programs & dispute mediation.
- Received scholarship for dedication to the organization and dedication to the community.
Gallery Coordinator + Preparator | ArtStarts in Schools
Attendant, AS Explores Workshop Facilitator | 2016-Present
Kids Art Classes | Well Seasoned
Vegetable dyes and inks for painting and print making | 2016
Preparator | Richmond + Vancouver, BC
Installation and art handling, Contemporary Art Gallery, Richmond Art Gallery, Gallery Gachet | Jan.2015-Present
Ilustrator | Vancouver, BC
Freelance designer and illustrator for contract projects | January.2011-present
Salty Stories | Burnaby, BC
Illustrator, Voice Actor & Marketing Specialist, Co-Owner | Oct.2012-Aug.2014
Contract Communications & media consulting | Vancouver, BC
Freelance communications & media consultant for contract projects | Jan.2011-Jan.2013
Cask Design & Development Creative Studio | Langley, BC
Designer & Project Manager, Co-Owner | June.2005-Aug.2008
Speaking Engagements | Canada
Instructor/Key-Note Speaker | Sept.2002-Feb.2013
DSA Media Network | Vancouver, BC (resource/satellite Calgary & Regina)
Manager DSA Online & Sr. Interactive/New Media Specialist | June.06-Jan.11
Media Buyer/Planner, IT manager & coordinator | Sept.02-June.06
Optimum Media | Montreal, PQ
Media/Office Assistant | June.98-July.98
- Gregarious, passionate, creative, honest, confident, enthusiastic, & friendly.
- Enjoys leading groups. Often engages others to brainstorm ideas.
- Fluent in both official languages. Enjoys literature in both languages.
- Fluent in HTML & CSS. Proficient with computers (PC/Mac). Can quickly pick up new interfaces. Able to work in Open Office, iLife/iWork or Microsoft suite.
- Creative interests have led to a diverse portfolio in illustration & design.
- Personal goal to continue to reduce carbon footprint by making informed decisions and passing knowledge to friends & colleagues. Uses public transit. Current artist statement explores the idea of value & waste.